It’s mid-December and the festive season is in full swing. As 2016 draws to a close, it’s essential for your business to look back on this year’s achievements and get geared up for the year ahead:
– Reflect upon the year gone by — the ups and the downs, the successes and the setbacks.
– Digest that information and apply those learnings to your strategy for the coming year — learn from your mistakes and draw from your accomplishments to do bigger and better things in the future.
– Plan your objectives, tactics, and implementation strategy for next year — as the old saying goes; Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
– And… Stay ahead of the curve.
So when you find yourself in the above planning stage, thinking about how you can keep up with technological changes, drive more traffic to your platform and increase engagement with your users, here is something you should seriously consider for your business in 2017… Mobile live video.
For businesses, live video — especially mobile live video — is becoming increasingly powerful in a number of ways; establishing new audiences, growing your brand, diversifying your offering, optimizing advertising revenue, first to market with content, interact with your audience in real time… the list is endless.
Experts predict that 2017 will see a huge push towards live video for businesses. “…social won’t be the only player in this space. Expect to see live streaming proliferate across the digital landscape…” -Emarketer, Dec 2016
If live video isn’t currently on your organization’s list of priorities for 2017, here are 5 reasons which might encourage you to reconsider:
- Live video is now the popular choice: Live streaming content to your audience is becoming a norm within today’s popular culture. At first, early adopters were benefiting from increased attention as they were standing out from the crowd, but businesses are now being forced to embrace the trend or fear being left behind in the wake of their competitors. The industry encountered a massive shake up with the introduction of Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and Periscope amongst others, meaning that many organizations are now faced with the reality to ‘Go Live or Go Home!’
- Go where your audience is: If your business model was historically centred around traditional media platforms like; television, radio, print media, live entertainment events, etc. — now is the time to divert your focus and integrate live video to your online platforms. It’s no secret that traditional media has suffered greatly in recent years, due to the rapid digital shift in media consumption, but there has also been a further pivot in the way in which people consume digital media. Since its inception, live video has continued to skyrocket, capturing audience’s attention and stealing focus from standard online content.
- Live video gives your content a sense of urgency: Today, the job of an online content creator is more difficult than ever, due to a highly over-saturated market. The amount of online media that people encounter on a daily basis has reached an all-time high, and to make your content stand-out in such a crowded environment is no mean feat. Live video seems to be a solution for this in many ways, as the sense of immediacy that is associated with real-time video, captures viewer’s attention within the static sea of text and images, drawing the audience away from all other traditional content.
- Increase engagement: The interactive capabilities and other community-based benefits that comes with watching live video offers the audience a chance to be part of the conversation in real-time, despite geographical location. By introducing live video to your app or website, it will not only make your content more accessible, attract a wider audience, boost your advertising revenue, and keep you relevant in the market, but will also increase audience engagement significantly. The more engagement that you can generate, the stickier your platform becomes, ultimately increasing user-retention and repeat visitors.
- Live video is both genuine and versatile: Live video can engender trust between organizations or brands and their audience. The very nature of watching ‘live’ media instils confidence and faith in the spectators, that what they are viewing is happening exactly as they see it, in real-time. With live video, there is no opportunity for editing or post-production on the footage. The viewers also get to see the faces behind the brand, establishing a personality for the organization, helping to create an intangible bond with their audience. The versatility and possibilities that come with live video are endless. Live stream big events, organizational announcements, new product launches, breaking news, Q&A’s, celebrity interviews, live demonstrations, behind the scenes access, and so much more. Why wouldn’t you want to reap all of these benefits from live video?
Here at Bambuser, the Iris Platform team certainly believe that 2017 will be the year for mobile live video — will your organization be part of it? Either way, good luck with your planning and we wish you the best of everything for 2017!